First let me say in the video you will notice the word Yahtzee is spelled wrong on the bucket. I lost the letter “Z” in my letter template. Sorry for that. Other then that, the project turned great. My family has always loved the game Yahtzee. When I seen this project floating around on Facebook last year, I wanted to make this. You know how thing go, one thing led to another and time just got away. I seen it recently on Facebook again and took action. This project was a great chance to make plans as well. This is my first real attempt at making a set of plans. I think it went OK. Some things I will change for the future. For now they will work.
Cedar 4X4 lumber. Cut 6 pieces 3.5″ to create 3.5″ cubes.
Label each side of the cube, on all the cubes, with the number that represents that side. You really only need to mark out one complete cube for the 3/4″ holes you will be drilling. It’s not a bad idea to mark all of them.
Do yourself a favor and make one setup on the drill press for as many hole as possible.
The middle hole setup can be used for the 1, 3 and 5 side of the dice.
The 3, 4, 5 and 6 you can use one setup to drill out the all the corner holes.
The 2 is it’s own setup.
The 6 has its own setup for the middle two holes.
Round over the edges.
Amazing casting resin really makes these dice pop. You can get this at Hobby Lobby. It sets very quickly. Fill half the hole, then come back and do a second pour to top it off. I found that gave better results.
A five gallon bucket for the dice throwing device. Just don’t forget the spell check your work, LOL. I left out the “Z” on my bucket. Not because I didn’t check my spelling. I had lost the letter “Z” in my letter kit. SO I left it out.
Please consider donating to my shop. I put a lot of effort to provide you with ideas and sometime plans. It will go a long way if you can help support MF WoodShop.